Friday, September 30, 2005

Mailing list fiasco

Tonight's showing had five people, all whom I knew. Don't get me wrong, private showings are fun, but not *that* fun. What happened was that I sort of decided late that I was going to do one this friday anyway, and then, thanks to my wonderful coding skills, when I sent the mail out last night, it went out blank. Bummer. So everyone had two hours notice, which apparently on a friday, results in no one being able to make it. Good, you all have lives. This was a test.

I've fixed the mailing list (I hope) and will plan on announcing showings a week earlier, and get more of a rhythm going.

I also want to start asking people for RSVPs. Maybe if you RSVP you get a free candy or soda or something. I just need to get a better idea of how many people are coming.

2 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger jmpottery said...

Just came across your website via a link from the LifeHacker blog.

As the host of a weekly movie night, I find I've had many of the same questions and worries as you've mentioned in your previous posts. I'd love to talk sometime about issues and strategies: voting, rsvps, movie selection, etc.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Bryan Kennedy said...

Sounds good. E-mail me at info-at-mobmov.org and we can talk. Are you from around here?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home